Gearing Up for Fall Football -- How to make Kids team Shirts for less
Having 8 grandchildren means that getting the kids outfitted for our favorite Seattle Sport—Football- would be very EXPENSIVE. This year I decided to make my own shirts using the NFL fabrics available at most local fabric stores. Here is how to do it -
· Purchase approximately 1/8 yard of desired fabrics
· Purchase 1 cotton T- shirt
· Purchase a double sided fusible interfacing -
I use my favorite lightweight fusible-Soft Fuse
· Choose logos from fabric or make your favorite numbers and logos
. Follow directions on how to apply fusible to fabric.
· Cut out shapes and get ready to applique
· Place a piece of lightweight stabilizer on the back side of shirt to be appliqued slightly larger than the number/logo to be appliqued
Place shapes on T-shirt and fuse into place; applique using your favorite stitch.
Cut away the inside interfacing of the shape and trim the outer edges to close to stitching
And now you have shirts ready to wear for cheering on your favorite team!